Dear Photograph, Being in the past in the present is too awesome! KZ

on Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Yesterday I came across one of the most awesome photographic projects I've seen in about three and a half months (to be kinda exact). The last one I found (some 3.5 months ago) is a whooole other story for another time.
Anyway, the author of Dear Photograph asks his/her (I haven't quite figured out the gender of this one yet) readers to submit (yes, you too can do this! <said in the  infomercial voice> ) snaps from their pasts except taken in the exact same spot in the present! He/She also asks the submitter to write a short note to their photo. Feast your eyes on my favourite shots from the DP blog.


The end result is totally rad and totally inspired me to venture into my back yard, and also into my back cupboard. I present to you: my dug up, dusty and ancient pics, in their new environment. TADA!


Here's me learning to sit. Or being delivered to my Mom in the box, as my brother likes to tell people. I prefer to say there is no thinking out the box before learning to think in the box. (a bit lame? Thought so.) There's my cousin in her really pretty rokkie, with me (looking more like the male species) on her back.


That's my little brother (who turned 23 yesterday: happy day of birth, little brother!) taking his bike for a spin way back when. Aren't you glad I gave a description to this? Else you would never have figured out what on earth he was doing.

This idea is so simple it makes you think, "how the bleep did I not think of this?!" Go muster up some courage now and haul out those snotty-nosed, ice cream-faced snaps of you, re-click and submit! 
Happy past-in-the-present snapping!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really totally awesome. You rock my world!!
A.M.

Post a Comment